Display the name associated with a DID when ringing queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikegillespie, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikegillespie

I am trying to display a name of a call center campaign on inbound calls so that agents can appropriately answer the call with the correct greeting. For example: 1-800-123-4567 is the DID for Holiday Inn. We want to see "Holiday Inn" (or something similar) on the incoming caller ID to the call center agent who must answer the call without setting up hundreds of queues (one for each incoming campaign). Is there a way in 3CX that we can name a DID and that DID is presented to the agent when an incoming call is recieved? Many other systems do this but I can't figure it out on 3CX.

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: Display the name associated with a DID when ringing queu

Am not sure that I completely follow the desire, but let's try this and see:

You apparently have a call campaign that is associated to a specific DID. So, in your example you would like Holiday Inn to appear in the caller-id display for any call that comes into 3CX using the number 1-800-123-4567. From there, I assume you direct that call to which ever queue you have established that can handle Holiday Inn calls and I further assume that the need for the Name ID is that an agent can belong to more than one queue and as a resuly can be associated to multiple, different campaigns. Therefore the Caller name allows the agent to know immediately which campaign is involved.

So, assuming you have the lines subscribed to caller ID so that a number can be discerned by 3CX, you then can try going to the inbound rules and setting up the DIDs of interest -

In the first entry for DID/DDI name you can try Holiday*8001234567
    In the second entry for rule type, set it to DID/DDI number/mask
    For the DID/DDi number/mask input *8001234567
    Check the applicable box for whichever port this rule applies to
    Check the box for however the call is to be routed (in your case to the queue/ring group for Holiday)

Anytime a call comes in over 8001234567, "Holiday 8001234567" should show on the caller-id of the receiving phone. You may need to shorten up the mask somewhat depending on the phone's display capabiity, it is the wild card "*" that allows for the more or less granular identity so *1234567 will work equally as well unless there is a fear that other area codes with the same number could come in. If so, then the same rule will be applied.

I have some customers that want the DID to come directly to them and avoid the ACD/IVR/AA; but also want the name to appear. I do not know how this set-up will react if you subscribe to caller-id from the carrier and they are also providing cname-in.

Give it a try and let us know. Would also appreciate knowing if you do subscribe and get caller-Id name from the carrier and how this either did or did not impact the above set-up attempt.

3. mikegillespie

Re: Display the name associated with a DID when ringing queu

Thanks lneblet,

Your advice works exactly as I hoped it would. I did not need the wild card in the name in order for it to work properly.

Thanks-a-million!!!

Mike :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.