display the name of a digital receptionist and a queue at once

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cmos, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmos

Hi,
    we're currently in the process of switching from Askozia to 3CX and I'm trying to recreate our rather simple callflows with the digital receptionist. The only problem I encountered is that I see the name of the waiting-queue for incoming calls, but not the name of the digital receptionist redirecting the call. Is there any way to display the name and the queue at once? Or is this not possible and I have to get further into how to use the callflow designer? Making single queues for everything is not an option, since that would take too long and would end up looking confusing.

Thanks

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cmos

I'm afraid you cannot append the name of the IVR. However, DID inbound rules names can be appended. So if you assign a DID to the IVR then this will be appended instead.
    Hope this helps.

3. cmos

The IVR was assigned a DID, yet the name is still not displayed from the inbound rule.. Only the waiting-queue name is prepended. I need the name of the IVR or it's inbound rule though. Our agents can't find out without it if, for example, the user has pressed 3 (for a question about the product), wether they come from the IVR of our german shop, or the IVR of our austrian shop. Let alone because the agents differ from shop to shop, I need a way to see where the call in the queue is coming from.

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the Queue name is prepended that DID names should also as there is a global setting for this. Make sure that in Management Console >> Contacts >> Options you have this enabled as shown below.
    upload_2018-2-16_11-6-9.png
    Also, make sure that you name your inbound rules as shown below:
    upload_2018-2-16_11-9-25.png

I just tested this and is working. What version is your PBX?

5. cmos

I have input the inbound rule name in the location seen in the image, as well as setting the correct value for the name in the gobal configuration. It makes no difference wether I choose "append" or "prepend", the only thing displayed is the waiting-queue name and not the IVR name. I have already restarted PBX - without success. The installed version of the PBX is 15.5.8801.3 on Windows Server 2016

#5 cmos, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you have multiple DID's configured in the trunk? Is this number your main trunk number?
    The reason i am asking is because the incoming number from your provider might not match the number format of your inbound rule so the call is not actually following the DID but the route of the main trunk number. IF this is the case then the inbound rule name will not be prepended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.