Display who picked up call - reinvite

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gav, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav

Gav

If an internal user is calling another internal user, and that call gets picked up by a different user, the calling phone still displays the person they called as opposed to the person who picked up.

I'd instead like the phone to display the name of the person who picked up the call.
    Is this possible?

I raised this query a couple of months ago but I've since made a discovery.
    The 3CX Client works - ie, when a call is picked up by someone else, it displays this in the client.
    But our Fanvil X4 phones do not. This leads me to believe the server is sending the reinvites but for whatever reason the Fanvil isn't working correctly.

Any ideas?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Gav

When a call is picked up (*20*) the re-invite goes to the phone that is trying to pick up the call and not the caller. Once the call is picked up the caller receives a 200 OK message that the call has been established. So the phone cannot change what it displays.

The 3CX client for windows acts the same in the main screen but you can see the updated info in the switchboard that gets the info from presence. The webclient also gets the info from presence that's why it displays the updated info.
    IP phones get their info from SIP and since there is no re-invite to the phone the info does not get updated. Hope this makes sense.

3. Gav

Gav

Ah, I see. So in effect the 3CX client has a kind of workaround.
    At least I can now stop scratching my head as to why one was working and one wasn't.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is added to a later version of 3CX, as I have loads of users missing this feature from our previous Mitel phone system.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

5. Gav

Gav

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.