Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Displaying 'called' ID on ip ohone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Scott Hine, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Hine

Hi guys,

I have a funny scenario here:

We have a client who at certain random times require their phone to forward calls to another ring group. This works fine by using *32 and *30 and setting up the DND within 3CX to forward the calls.

What they need though is to identify that the calls have originated from either that extension or the Sip trunk dialed. Since the calls forwarded will always be from a specific Sip trunk these will not be confused with calls to another Sip trunk.

We use Yealink T27p phones, is this something the 3CX can do or is it something the phones need to be configured to do?

Many thanks.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Scott Hine

Please note that when using the forwarding rules of an extension to forward a call then the default behaviour of the PBX is to present the original caller ID and not the extension forwarding the call. What you can do though is create an inbound rule for each trunk you have and give them a specific name. Then navigate to contacts and enable Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID under options. This way when the call is forwarded the name of the inbound rule will be displayed so you will able to see from which trunk the call came from

3. Scott Hine

Does this mean that each unique caller has to be a contact in 3CX?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No the inbound rule name will be present even if there are no contacts in the contact list.

5. Scott Hine

Seems i was being thrown off by the Yealink phone. Turns out the caller display actually showed the ring group being called the whole time, the issue was i had contacts loaded locally in the phone once i delete those it displayed the ring group and that's really all we were after. It still didn't display the inbound rule though which may have been preferable.

Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.