Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Displaying Caller Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nickjhunt, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickjhunt

I am running V12 and when we receive an incoming call it shows on the desk phones and on the 3cxsoftphone as rulename/caller number. If I look in the presesence screen it shows the caller name and number, and once the call is completed it shows the caller name/number when I look in the 3cxphone history.
    Can I get the display to show caller name when it first rings?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A few things to consider:

Caller name is not always transmitted by the provider. It may be or may not be and might be an added cost option, so you need to check and ensure that Caller Name is included in your plan. You can also check the server log to see if the name is being included. This is apparently is not the case given your description, but have listed it anyway in the event that others may see the post and have a similar issue.

If not included, then the caller name may still show if the name is in any of the 3CX and/or phone phone books. Inbound number to name mapping may be occurring which then allows for the name to be displayed. If the name is non-existent in the books, then it will not display.

There may not be enough display space to show all the desired info. As you apparently have the rule showing, this is taking up display real estate that might otherwise then allow the name to be shown. You might try to shorten the rule name or even turn off that feature to see if some of the name then appears.

3. wgt

wgt

Look at the phone configuration xml file. For snom, look for display_method. The default config is just number . you have to change it to display name and number by setting the display_method to display_number_name. I'm sure there are similar settings for other phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.