Displaying dialed name on Cisco SPA-508G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AaronN, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronN

We are working with some Cisco SPA-508G phones and have a question about dialing extension->extension.

When you call an extension that is already in your received calls history with a name and extension, you will see "To [Name] [Ext #]" on your screen after dialing the other person's extension. If the other person is not in your received calls history, you will only see "To [Ext #]"

Let's say extension 101 is "John Smith" and extension 102 is "Jacob Taylor" after following the provisioning instructions for the Cisco SPA series phones, John calls extension 102 from his phone. The screen shows "To 102" only displaying the extension; however, if Jacob was already in the "received calls" log, the screen would show "To Jacob Taylor 102" instead.

Is there a way to see the name of the person you call in addition to their extension even if they aren't in your received calls history already? The names are all in the 3CX directory that is already on the phone, it's just odd that the phone wouldn't automatically make this association.

2. willow

willow Member

The 3cx and sip for that matter do not support this. What I normally do is just them into the contact directory of the phones so that it will display the called name. I know that all of the other competing systems do it, so in order not have this be a set back for sale of the pbx i do will add them in. If it is a large install though i will not becuase the ongoing maintenace would be crazy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

So there is no way for the phone to do a look up on the 3cx phone directory for this? I have a situation where I had to move some extensions around to different people and now when certain phones call those extensions it displays the incorrect name. I know I can just delete the call history but that is annoying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

all of the phones that I use or have seen will only look up names in its local directory, not the 3cx directory. it would be fantastic if it would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.