Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Displaying incoming call information

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ct909, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ct909

Please excuse the 'newbie' question, but I'm a newbie with 3CX, given the job of evaluating it for our new PBX.

I work for an organisation that has multiple business units, and people who work across them, all operating from the same location.

Each business unit has it's own Free-Call, Local-Call and DID numbers, but when a call comes in, both workers and auto-attendants need to know how to answer the phone, so that the caller is greeted correctly.

Ideally I'd like to plaster a message (or better still, a logo) on the phone's display, so that anyone answering the phone knows to say "XYZ Company" and not "ABC Company"

How does 3CX provide the information to either phone or auto-attendant, so that the caller is greeted using the correct company name ?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

First, you indicated that you have phone numbers that are exclusive numbers for each company. This being the case, you use the inbound rules to have 3CX examine the number(s) and then route accordingly to the proper digital receptionist (auto receptionist) that has been established for that company.

You can name the rule such that the rule name will show in the phone display. This will allow the answering party to know which company the call is for. You could also set multi-account capable phones up with several different extensions and direct the call for a given company to a specific extension.

The key to the above is to have phones with ample display space, have multiple programmable keys and keep the rule name short; yet meaningful. Be advised however, that I think that once a call has been answered any follow-on transfers may not carry the rule name...I just don't recall.

Loading a logo is a nice idea, but I am not sure how practical. Most phones are context sensitive. That is to say, that when idle they will display a logo quite nicely, but when a ring or other activity (lifting and going off-hook, etc.) takes place. the phone is then in use and changes from the logo/idle screen to a screen that is pertinent to the action at hand. A ring will most likely show the caller-id and then provide some soft-key functions such as answer, reject, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.