Distinct ring tones for ring groups

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by keentech, Aug 23, 2017.

Distinct ring tones for ring groups 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. keentech

I know that distinct ring tones can be set up with queues. I would love the feature to be available for Ring Groups as well.

Crossing fingers this feature can be added to future releases.

2. Lev

Lev New Member

Where can i set it up in the queue? oO Please show me!

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Depending on the phone, you have to modify the template - can not be done via the console.

4. telis

telis New Member

Do you mean distinctive ringtone for all groups vs for an individual or a queue? i.e. not a different ringtone for different groups, but a different ringtone for all groups when compared to says queues or internal calls.

You can have one distinctive ringtone for all queues vs other calls, but not different ringtones for different queues. You can't even have one different ringtone for all groups vs other calls.

If you want to have distinctive ringing for every group and queue consider voting this up:-

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/distinctive-ringing-by-group-or-queue.41969/

Single distinctive ringtone for all groups can't currently be done because the Alert-Info header is not used on the SIP invite for group calls. In the case of a queue call the string "info=queue" is used in the invite, and the IP phone can respond to this with a different ringtone.

I'd love to use groups because the caller hears ringing (i.e. progress tone) but we can't. This is because if a user is on the phone when a call first comes through to a group and then the user finishes their call that user will never have the call alert on their handset. This is real shame for us.

You could try using a queue in all ring mode and see if that works in your use case?

accesstech likes this.
  5. Lev

Lev New Member

Oh, i am only using the softclients :-/
    but thx for answer