• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Distinct ring tones for ring groups

keentech

Reaction score
I know that distinct ring tones can be set up with queues. I would love the feature to be available for Ring Groups as well.

Crossing fingers this feature can be added to future releases.

Reactions: David Kite
Upvote 8
Where can i set it up in the queue? oO Please show me!

Where can i set it up in the queue? oO Please show me!

Depending on the phone, you have to modify the template - can not be done via the console.

Do you mean distinctive ringtone for all groups vs for an individual or a queue? i.e. not a different ringtone for different groups, but a different ringtone for all groups when compared to says queues or internal calls.

You can have one distinctive ringtone for all queues vs other calls, but not different ringtones for different queues. You can't even have one different ringtone for all groups vs other calls.

If you want to have distinctive ringing for every group and queue consider voting this up:-

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/distinctive-ringing-by-group-or-queue.41969/

Single distinctive ringtone for all groups can't currently be done because the Alert-Info header is not used on the SIP invite for group calls. In the case of a queue call the string "info=queue" is used in the invite, and the IP phone can respond to this with a different ringtone.

I'd love to use groups because the caller hears ringing (i.e. progress tone) but we can't. This is because if a user is on the phone when a call first comes through to a group and then the user finishes their call that user will never have the call alert on their handset. This is real shame for us.

You could try using a queue in all ring mode and see if that works in your use case?

Reactions: accesstech
Oh, i am only using the softclients :-/
but thx for answer

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.