Distinctive Ring By Trunk?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Denny, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Is there a way we can use the three distinctive ring patterns we have available on the Linksys PAP-2T ATA to tell which of our three trunks a call is coming from? Maybe by DID? The ATA has the ability to specify a "number pattern" to trigger a ring pattern. But I assume that's the caller ID. How could I make the PAP-2T use a trunk ID or DID number? Without ruining the caller ID coming in?

I have searched old threads, but they are really old and I thought maybe V15 has something new.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

No. Not possible

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Thanks for the rapid answer! Is it possible with any of the SIP phones like SNOM or is this (still) a limitation of the 3CX?

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I don't have experience with SNOM, but I don't think distinctive ring is supported in any way by 3CX.
    If the SNOM or other brand phones can recognize whether call is external or internal (by length of caller-id), you may achieve desired functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

OK, thanks guys. This is on the idea list and maybe the highest vote.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would seem that it all comes down to whether or not, the device you are using, is able to make use of the Alert-Info field, sent on an incoming external cal,l then able to use a different ring tone/cadence. Reading through this, would indicate that Yealink sets can make use of this. https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/distinctive-ringtones-yealink-t46g.39474/

I have not looked into whether Cisco/Linksys ATAs are able to do the same thing.

7. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

It appears that the PAP-2T does have the ability to name its ringing patterns. Also it seems that the 3CX puts stuff into Alert-Info. I haven't yet gotten the IVR ringing to work, though, and I don't know what "reformatting" will trigger "national" vs "local" etc. Would this be E164 Processing? I have it turned on and all options checked, yet the Alert-Info seems to stay at "external;" no matter what, even for IVR directed calls. Does someone kn ow how this is supposed to work (or IF it works)? We may be close...

drng1.jpg

drng2.jpg

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Even though the PAP-2T allows you to rename ringing patterns, I haven't seen any confirmation that you can use that name to utilize the patterns in the Info-Alert. I would assume that if this was possible, there would also have to be a "default" ringtone, to be played if there was no "name" sent on a call.

9. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I plan to look at the messages and test the results today after taking a break from three days of hell with TCP signaling :) :). According to the Linksys ATA Administration Guide, Page 113, the Ring Name fields are "Name in an INVITE’s Alert-Info Header to pick distinctive ring/CWT 1 for the inbound call." So the Alert-Info is supposed to select both the ring cadence and the call-waiting tone. This could be even cooler than I had hoped for... you could tell if your call waiting is external or internal, etc.

The info I found in the SPA525 template that comes with the 3CX (see my note above) seems to indicate that it can put this info into the Alert-Info. The "reformatting" is my question. How? I have E164 enabled along with all options.

As shipped the names are Bellcore-rn and the default is 1 (from the ATA Admin Guide)

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

11. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Yeah, I hit a brick wall. 3CX needs to send the Alert-Info that is mentioned in the provisioning templates, or maybe more flexibly. The Only thing that EVER appears in Alert-Info is “external”. Eve if an incoming call is routed through the IVR, you don’t see “ivr”, you always see “external”.

Returning to my original post, 3CX we need to be able to specify Alert-Info strings for each DID, and also have the IVR string work.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sounds like something for the Ideas forum.

13. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Just posted there after searching and not seeing this specific request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.