• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Distinctive ring for ring groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohc

Reaction score
Reactions: Kyle Schultz
I too would love to see this... keeping an eye on this thread.

If you are using the 3CX template for your Yealink you will see that 3CX use other “names” as the example of Yealink does.
3CX template use the keywords for the Ring tones 2 - 7: external, international, national, local, queue and ivr.
As far as I know internal call don’t send any Alert-info messages, thus Ring tone 1 will be heard.

The Alert-info header cannot be changed by the customer. It is made by design.

For now only info=external and info=queue are working properly.
In the upcoming SP4 things will be corrected.

There is also an article what explain some:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

I can't add anything helpful but just as an FYI, SPA50x phones are able to have distinctive ringtones for different call paths, internal external group queue ivr etc. If that is something you feel like you need without waiting for an SP.

I was able to figure out how to do this.

1. Set the name of the ring group
2. Login to the web interface of your Yealink handset and go to Settings > Ring
3. Specify the name in the Internal ringer text and select the desired tone.

Note: Users must change their default ringtone so that it would be easyu to identify the call.

sohc said:
I was able to figure out how to do this.

1. Set the name of the ring group
2. Login to the web interface of your Yealink handset and go to Settings > Ring
3. Specify the name in the Internal ringer text and select the desired tone.

Note: Users must change their default ringtone so that it would be easyu to identify the call.

Sadly this does not work :( (at least in my 12.5 install)

I so wish we could customize the Alert-info header coming from 3cx.

Reactions: Kyle Schultz
You may want to look at the model of the phone and the firmware version. On the T2X series when Yealink when to the 73.X firmware release, they started to run short of internal memory and as a result decided to cut back on the number of available ringtones. Instead of 7, then now support 5. An entry of 6 or 7 for the wav file ring tone will default to 1 as the other 2 no longer exists.

Not sure of the model you had or how you set relative to the tone, but thought I would put this out there in case it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.