• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Distinctive ring for separate phone lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

axiom

Reaction score
We will be setting up a new 3CX phone system for a person who runs 2 separate businesses out of a single office. They will have 2 PSTN lines for one business and 2 PSTN lines for the other. They want their phone to have a different ring or at least show something on the caller ID to be able to identify which set of lines the calls are coming from so they can answer the phone with the proper greeting for each company. I am unable to find any way to set up a distinctive ring or even show a ring group name in the caller ID info to be able to do this. Is there anyway to make this possible?

Create 2 separate ring groups, enable "add queue, group and DID names to Caller ID" in Settings->General->Global Options.
Also make sure "prepend" is selected in the same meniu, for "append/prepend name to caller ID.

I knew there was a way to do that I just forgot what the option was called. This will work out great! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.