distinctive ring/ multiple extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brightside, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brightside

Hello,
    What i am trying to do is to get a distinctive ring at three phones in a ring group when option 1 is selected from a digital receptionist. I have been told that a distinctive ring can be set up for calls from a specific queue or ring group but have been unable to find the information needed to implement this. my second option was to register a second extension at each of the ring group phones with a different ring tone, assign all three of the second extensions to a new ring group and then point the call at the ring group of the second extensions. this makes sense to me and would provide the functionality that I need. The problem is that I have been unable to get both extensions registered at the same time . I am using cisco spa509g phones and have manually entered the authentication and proxy information in the EXT 2 tab but the second extension will not register. What am I missing?
    Thanks in advance for any input or advice on this!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is the only support information that I've come across dealing with distinctive ringing. http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

You may want to have a look at the 3CX log, if it is a registration problem. That should show you what is going on.

Are you using the same extension number, or something different?

3. brightside

Managed to get multiple extensions registered. I was convinced that it was configured correctly so I drove the two hours to get on site and physically rebooted the phone, the second extension immediately registered. this will provide the functionality that I need. the only down side is that I will have to replace a couple of call park soft keys with lines assigned to the second extension. shouldn't be a problem in an office of about 30 users. If you look at the new Cisco templates you will see a section on distinctive rings, from what I can tell all the lines are inactive, not yet functional. I am going to experiment with this in my office system. regardless we will probably see this completed in V11.
    Lesson learned this time, if you are working remotely and the system isn't acting like you think it should, go on-site and have a look!

4. Aboxtech

or do a remote reboot and see if that takes care of the issue. Before leaving the office ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.