Distinctive ring tone for external and internal calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hituser, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hituser

Hi,
    I am totally confused on how to set this up to have different ring tone for internal and external calls.
    We are on v11 sp4 and using SPA 504g phones. I have tried researching on this but didn't find anything helpful.
    I know that it is something to do with AlertInfo but no idea where and how implement it,
    Please help.
    thanks

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

3CX sets this up automatically with phones that support it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. go1

go1

The SPA 50x needs a particular firmware and above to make it work properly. I forget the exact number, high 4's jumps to mind.
    Just go get yourself into v5.x if it's not already. You can't go from 4.x to the latest 5.x. You have to have 5.2 to get 5.3 etc. It's in the docs of the latest firmware.

Then, go have a look in the templates. Hmm, template editor appears to have been taken out on V12. If you know where to look, find cisco.ph and look in the distinctive ring section.

Also, make sure your advanced tab includes you area code and country code. Otherwise It won't know what is local and what isn't.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.