Distinctive ring tone for Shared Parking ringback?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Customer has Yealink T42S phones. When ringing back from Shared Parking, the phone plays the standard ring tone. They want it to use a distinctive ring tone.

From a SIP trace, the INVITE for the ringback does not have an Alert-Info field, so they can't use the phone's distinctive ring feature.

However the phone is supposed to support distinctive ring for numbers in the local directory. If I'm reading it right, the ring-back comes from "extension" SP1, but when I add that to the phone's local directory, I still can't control the ring tone.

Any suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mcbsys

This is still an extension to extension call so no alert info will be send. The phone will use the default ring tone for calls originating from an extension in the PBX unless this is a queue call

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

YiannisH, what extension does the ringback come from?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The call comes from the system extension SP1 if the call was parked in SP1

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I thought so, but then I wondered why this doesn't work for applying a distinctive ring to calls coming from SP1:

Yealink Directory with distinctive ring.png

Then I tried this setup:

Yealink Directory with distinctive ring x111.png

Now when I call from x111 to the Yealink, I hear Ring6. Then I put the call in SP5. After 30 seconds, it rang back, again with Ring6. So it is using the original caller ID to apply the ring tone from the directory, even during a ringback.

Digging into a PCAP, here is the FROM on the ringback INVITE:

From: "SP5:Mark Test2"<sip:111@142.162.73.128:5060>;tag=f4788d2b

So it seems that while the Display Info is prepended with "SP5", the User Part is actually the original number, 111.

On an external call, it looks like this:

From: "SP1:Mark Test"<sip:16191234567@142.162.73.128:5060>;tag=5b359d1e

Again, the original caller ID in the User Part. This is probably a good thing, as it allows the phone to display the caller ID of the original call when it is ringing back. But it means that the Yealink Directory can't help apply a custom ring tone to the ringback.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That is exactly how it works. The display name is the SP number but the invite included the original caller ID so that the device displays the correct information.

7. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Would be nice if it had an Alert-Info tagged "sharedpark" so the ring tone could be controlled in this screen (or equivalent provisioning):

Yealing distinctive ring.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.