• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Distinctive Ring with 3CX V11

Status
Not open for further replies.

running

Customer
Reaction score
So we upgraded to V11 and now all of our ring tones are set to custom ring tone 3 with our GXP2110 phones, anyone know either how to turn this off and let the user select which tone they always want to hear, any help is much appreciated.

Ring tones are either set manually thru the phone web interface or via the 3cx phone provisioning templates. In many cases, he ring tone can be established by accessing the phone's menu through the display and using the kiald pad keys for navigation.

It appears that when 3cx updated to v11, they also updated a number of templates. One setting within the phone is for auto-provisioning and I am guessing that this was not turned off in the phones, so they did so and picked up the new template info. This is why some are reporting seeing the 3cx logo on displays that were not there before and why ring tones have changed. If you manually set the ring tones, then you should turn off auto-provision inside the phone itself.

We tried manually setting them in the phone, that does not have any effect, it's in the provisioning template under distinctive ring, we can change it for the custom ring tones however we cannot figure out how to make the "system default" tone ring instead of custom ones.

Did you turn off the auto provision in the phone?

I looked at the manual and the template. Can you advise what the phone shows for distinctive ring and system ring tone from the phone's web interface?

Here's how I resolved this:

Edited grandstreamexecutive.ph.xml in folder: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

Changed line:
# Custom ring tone 1, used if incoming caller ID is
P105 = external

-to-

# Custom ring tone 1, used if incoming caller ID is
P105 =

This way external calls no longer get assigned a custom ring tone.

Then I reprovisioned the phones. Note that in firmware prior to 1.0.4.9 you chould change this in the web interface of the Grandstream, but in firmware 1.0.4.9, they took this option out.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.