Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Distinctive Ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BenLove, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenLove

Can someone please guide me on how to configure 3CX for a distinctive ring to identify internal vs external calls? At one site we are running Linksys SPAxxx, and at another Grandstream 2xxx if that matters.

Ben

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi Ben,

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BenLove

Thanks Nate,

Great reference. I haven't read it thoroughly yet, but a quick skim doesn't show anything related to different handsets, assigning ringtones to either internal or external, etc. This reference seems to be about configuring 3CX to identify to the handset whether it's internal or external, but is there more that then needs doing to tell the handset what ringtone to use for each? Do some handsets support this feature but not others?

Ben

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi Ben,

Yes this is correct. If you want to determine if a call is internal or external it has to be supported on the handset. 3CX doesn't send this alert info for distinctive ringing. And to be honest I don't know any handset that will do it. The ones I know can do it for particular caller ID but that is it, but I mainly work with Yealink and Grandstream phones, maybe someone has ran into a handset that can do what you need.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BenLove

Nate,

We're using the latest series of Grandstream handsets. Is it possible to support distinctive ring for numbers that are in the phone's address book?

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.