Distinctive Ring

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by cbroessel, Mar 20, 2017.

Distinctive Ring 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. cbroessel

Either on the sip trunks or ring groups, or both

Bob Denny and GtInNoVaTiOn like this.
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

that's really not specific as a problem...
    if properly configured, there are already distinctive rings for internal / external calls/ ring groups and queues, and more ...
    So question is : What do you want, SPECIFICALLY. What phones are you using ? Are they auto provisioned ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RedErikson

Hi JasonNadeau. I contacted tech support about this issue and they told me that distinctive rings are not an option. Can you show me where/how you configured your internal / external calls/ Ring groups and queues to have distinctive rings? I would really appreciate it as this has been bugging me for a long time.

Thanks!

#3 RedErikson, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. jem1

3CX sends alert info for queue, external and internal and that's it. They rejected the idea of custom alert info headers for some reason which would make distinctive ringing so much easier.

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

same question RedErikson, What phones are you using ? Are they auto provisioned ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gorbros

Hi, I am using 3CX V15 and have Cisco SPA504G phones provisioned. Please can you give me some guidance getting distinctive ring for internal and external calls

Regards

mcs4 likes this.
  7. Lev

Lev New Member

This Feature has been requested already ( i think even a couple of times)
    But i still give it a +1, since i also miss it.

We are only using the 3CX softclients btw, so there is no way do to it "via our phones" :)

Bob Denny likes this.
  8. two

two

Yealink has the options in the phone setting but to stay under 3CX Support default templates rewrite the phone to default ringrones that clients absolutely despise. Either they need to start supporting custom templates or begin matching more to the phone settings for individual client preferences.

Totally agree on settings on 3CX for internal, external, and que ring tones!

GtInNoVaTiOn likes this.
  9. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Also would like distinctive ring via the DID. This would allow easy recognition of incoming calls for different purposes, which we have mapped to separate inbound phone numbers.

10. Silly English Kniggit

Out of the "box" 3CX doesn't support distinctive ring - in fact in some places such as phone templates it actively disables it. It can be made to work, but it's clunky and usually requires template hacking.

It should just support it by default. It's embarrassing that the 20+ year old analogue systems we're trying to sell 3CX as a replacement for can do this, but 3CX can't. It's a really basic thing.

contoured and 1tb like this.
  11. Lev

Lev New Member

cannot be pushed up enough... ^^

12. Jim Canfield

13. paulcaudill

14. contoured