In Progress Distinctive Ringing by Group or Queue

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by telis, Oct 2, 2015.

In Progress Distinctive Ringing by Group or Queue 5 5 79votes
5/5, 79 votes

1. telis

telis New Member

Add the ability for calls to different groups or queues to have different ring tones.

This can be achieved by selecting the ring type in the group or queue settings and then putting the sting in the alert-info header in the SIP invite. It is supported on most handsets (SNOM, yealink, Hanvil, Htek) and the provisioning templates could be modified to make it work seamlessly.

SNOM - http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Ringtone:Alert_Info

Yealink - http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/HowtoUseDistinctiveRingtoneonYealinkPhones/HowtoUseDistinctiveRingtoneonYealinkSIPT2XPPhonesRev_610-20501446272.pdf

Fanvil - http://www.fanvil.com/images/user/2014050806.pdf (page 13)

Htek - http://www.hanlongtek.com/uploadfile/swfupload/file/Release%20Notes.pdf (page 9)

2. solutionsit

In the yealink templates this could be done by having a "custom 1", "custom 2" alert info and have a drop down in the ring groups / queue's to allow us to select the different alert info.

Maybe?

telis and klentz like this.
  3. AlexHeylin

Yes please! Ideally I'd even want ability to have distinctive ring for one internal extn (say line manager etc)

telis, V.. and klentz like this.
  4. svar

Im getting request for this from my out customers all the time.

5. telis

telis New Member

Yes - I get the request all the time.

klentz likes this.
  6. sean.suntelnetworks

YES - PLEASE!!!

This one request has caused me such headaches with our multi queue customers that I've had to create double/triple extensions.

7. mteague

Yes, please! If alert-info was included in the SIP invite between internal calls, this would solve the current #1 problem w/ 3CX for me.

klentz and telis like this.
  8. accesstech

Hello

We also need to have distinctive ring tones for our different queues. We are working with blind operators, and the tones would help them really.

The easiest thing you you could do - without any change in the 3cx Phone System Interface - is sending the name of the queue as alert info, instead of sending info=Queue, as you currently do.

So instead of:
    Alert-Info: <http://www.notused.invalidtld>;info=queue
    you would send:
    Alert-Info: <http://www.notused.invalidtld>;info=name of Queue

Then we can Setup the ring tones on the phone side acording to this new alert info. This is possible with the majority of phones and do not require any Change in your Interface.

It should be really an easy one.

Thanks and regards

Urs Hiltebrand

9. itsupport@kmtire.com

We have a Q for English and a Q for Spanish customers. We have English and Spanish speaking salespeople in both Q's in our Call Center. It would be nice for them to know which language to answer the phone with.

Ever thought about adding Q Name to the 3CX Softphone, so when they receive a call it would show them which Q they are picking up. For us, that would be even better than a distinctive ring.

10. philnetcloudit

Ring tones for ring groups

It would be very useful to implement the use of different ringtones for different ring groups. It would be nice to know which ring group is being called without having to look at the phone. It would be very useful so that I don't have to run over to my phone to check who is being called for when I am away from my desk. Thank you so much for your time and I hope my idea sounds useful to others as well!

-Phil Z.

11. dlaro

Please, DO IT !

If alert-info was included in the SIP invite between internal calls, this would solve the current #1 problem with 3CX for me.
    All of my customers need that. It's a basic function !

12. r.towle

This post has quite a high rating of people requesting this feature - currently about 70% - is this something that is in consideration?

This would be a really useful feature to have

13. jonot

on the custom ring tone subject a couple of features would be really useful

1. As already suggested if i read correctly - to be able to create custom alert-info fields, for each queue and ring group, our main reason is that we have a SIP door intercom and we need to know its someone at the door waiting!

2. As easier way to change which ring tone is for which alert-info, its a lot of work customising the templates and keeping them customised as they change. Some of the ring tones on different vendors phones are not the best!

Thanks

14. lowthers.com

We currently use the 3CX Company Address Book (renamed Contacts in V15) with several clients, so that the customers names appear when they call in. We use Snom handsets and the 3CX generates an XML file with the contact information which is sent to the Snom handset during provisioning. The XML file generated by 3CX tags each contact with a type of "colleagues", there is no option to change this when adding or editing a contact entry.

If we were able to set the contact type via 3CX Contacts, or 3CX Phone, then we could provision a distinctive ring tone based on the different contact types. We also use a SIP Door Entry system and this would allow us to add the extension to the Contacts, set the contact type and provision a distinctive ring tone.

klentz likes this.
  15. serverwork

Options for Alert-Info in the header would be fantastic. Whether we get the option to set it for extension/ring group/etc manually with our own Alert-info, or the option to select something generic like Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, etc. Either of these options would help tremendously with getting distinctive ring options clients want!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes please add.

17. hogan71088

Please add this feature.

18. 3cxnoob

I would also agree that this is by far one of the most requested features I constantly hear of that 3cx lacks. Other voip pbx's allow a custom alert-info header to be set when configuring a ring group. See the image as an example of how it is configurable in other systems.

[​IMG]

19. klentz

Yes, please!!

telis likes this.
  20. Zac

Zac

Agreed, please add this feature!