• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Distinctive ringtones on Grandstream GXP1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

matan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've bought a Grandstream GXP1200 and I need to know if it's possible to set a distinctive ring tone when any of my extension, which I've just added in my phonebook, calls the phone.
My firmware version is 1.1.6.46.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

If you want a different tone based on what type of call it is, 3CX does not support Alert_Info which is needed to make that happen.

Hi kerry and thank you for the reply.
So it's impossible to make this setting on the phone?

I just need two different ring tones when I receive a call from an external line or from an extension...but I've the phonebook idea which now, after your reply, I think it's impossible to make.

See you!

Correct. In the Feature Request forum I have a request for 3CX to support Alert_Info which would allow this type of functionality. This isn't really a 3CX only issue as most commercial IP PBX systems dont have this feature either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.