Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Distinctive Ringtones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nath_Pros, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nath_Pros

I'm struggling to get distinctive ringtones working within 3cx v11.

The setup we have is two gateways, one voip, the other pstn, with Grandstream 2120 & 2020 phones.
    What I'd like is for incoming voip calls to be on the general system ringtone and incoming pstn calls to use a different tone.

I've had a look at this article and quite frankly I'm none the wiser, as it's geared up for US calls and I'm in the UK.

Has anyone got an ABC, idiot's guide on how to sort this out?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've looked over that several times myself and it deals with using caller ID to identify a call as being external.

A simple way to have implemented distinctive ring would have been an option (tick box) for each trunk group, that would allow any incoming call on that group to be considered "external" and be assigned distinctive ring. I remember a request made for this sort of implementation in the old feature request section.

I can't speak for version 11 (yet), but I have not heard that this (simple) method has been adopted.

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when you are using the auto provisioning for the phones then they can ring by default different for

internal
    external
    queue
    and ivr calls

the GS phones can only play 3 different ringers (you can not upload more to the phone) so the first 3 are used for ur phone.
    any other calls are ring as "internal" with ringer 1.

if you would have a different phone then you could enable the external seperation from the trunk port
    then external will be split into international national and local calls. then it is up to the phone to produce this ringtone for this call accordingly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. John.Pernini

Our office is having issues with configuring Distinctive Ringtones as well. We are currently running 3cx version 11, SP3 and have Grandstream GXP 2000 phones.

Is there any documentation available for configuring the distinctive ringtones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.