Diversion header

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michalkolacek, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michalkolacek

please know someone how to enable Diversion header?

I need forward call which is incoming from outside to my mobile phone and seems that without this i cant.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are you now doing (trying), to forward the call, which I assume, is currently not working. What happens to the call? Does the 3CX Activity log provide any help? Is this a Caller ID issue?

3. michalkolacek

3Cx have number 1
    i cam calling from number 2
    3cx should forward this call to number 3 where i need see number 2 , but i see only number 1

The sip operator telsm me that I canntos spoof any number , the outgoing call should be with my number and aditional header .
    On asterisk itl looks like that exten => 408806,1,SIPAddHeader("Diversion:...
    This header should tell that the call is forwarded and also tell the previous caller ID

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

In version 14 and before there used to be a '302 diversion header' checkbox in 'Away' and 'Out of office / DND' forwarding profiles. Unfortunately this feature is gone in version 15. It allowed, if supported by telecom provider, to divert the call to new destination keeping original Caller-ID without using channels on the SIP trunk (otherwise you occupy 2 channels -- one for incoming call to 3CX and another for outgoing call to destination). You could name this method 'Forward via carrier / telecom provider' and was also found in legacy (TDM) PBXs for analog / ISDN trunks.

If you forward the call via 3CX, you will use 2 channels from your SIP trunk(s), eventually you can send original caller-ID, if supported by outgoing call telecom provider, by modifying outgoing parameters of the trunk (sending originator's caller-ID). Otherwise you will send intermediate caller-ID of the extension called and forwarded to external destination or trunk's caller-ID.

In Asterisk, nevertheless not so trivial, you can program usage of the diversion header, which allows you even to transfer call to external destination, after being answered, keeping original caller-ID via telecom provider, i.e. without using SIP trunk channels during duration of the transferred call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. matush8

Same problem here.

Anybody know how to setup diversion header for forwared calls?

According to my VoIP provider I also need to use 302 diversion header for forwarded calls. Unfortunately our PBX is running version 15...

This is the only way to forward service calls to cell phones with correct caller ID.
    Does anybody have an information regarding this in the future releases?

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

3CX promised to have it in some of the following SP. There are still features found in V.14, but not in V.15

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.