• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Diverting incoming PSTN call / Calling network extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentyler

Reaction score
Hello. I’m a 72 year old telephony ‘Newbie’ but have volunteered to install a 3CX based system in our Community Centre (Shropshire, England)

Here at home I have a ‘sandbox’ setup with a single PSTN line; 3CX v10 installed on a PC (XP SP3) and a Linksys SPA3102 gateway. There is an analogue phone connected to the SPA3102 and a Cisco 7940G (SIP) on the local network.

I’ve now achieved my primary objective of making outbound PSTN calls with either phone and to receive incoming calls on the analogue phone. I can also call the analogue phone (ext. 200) from the SIP phone (ext. 201) but not vice versa.

I would now like to be able to divert incoming calls to the IP phone, and to call the IP phone from the analogue phone.

I’d be very grateful for some helpful pointers !

Fen

To divert all incoming calls to the IP phone you simply have to go into the 3cx console and --->port/trunks status--->office hours click the connect to extesion xxx (whatever extension the ip phone is located) and do that for all ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.