Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dnc Lists. TCPA Compliance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SamuelKrawetz, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuelKrawetz

Hello

I am looking for the best way to stay within tcpa compliance and also a effective way to make a do not call list in 3cx.

I don't think the number blacklist works. I have added my cell phone number for testing and I can recieve calls to and from 3cx.

Any help is appreciated thank you

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It may be that the number was not blacklisted as the format might be incorrect.

To test, make a call from your cell phone and then look in the 3CX activity log and find the call and note how the number was received in 3CX. Use this number and see what happens.

3. SamuelKrawetz

Looks like incoming is blocked successfully.

My softphone still dials it outbound and my phone rings

4. SamuelKrawetz

Setting up an outbound rule for outgoing isn't going to be ideal... the list we have to import is massive

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The number blacklist, as you may have discovered, is for incoming calls only. If you are attempting to deploy an outgoing list to block calls made by individuals, then, as mentioned, the additions to the outbound rules will be a nightmare. As many "companies" making unsolicited calls seem to deploy some sort of automated dialler, sequential or otherwise, the list most likely resides in that unit, if they even make use of it. My phone numbers, on the do not call list, still receive calls, many calls.

6. RussRiopelle

I have entered my cell phone number in the blacklist. When I call from my cell phone the calls still come through. I have checked the Activity Log and the number is exactly the same as in the blacklist. Is there a limit to how many numbers you can have in blacklist on 3CX?? I seem to remember on older versions the limit was 20 or 25. Any help will be appreciated.
    3CX is V14 with all the updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SamuelKrawetz

you will need a custom app to run a check on outbound calls from 3cx.

8. RussRiopelle

All I am looking for is to block specific inbound numbers. I removed all from the blacklist and just added my cell number. I call my DID number in 3CX with my cell phone and it goes through. It does not appear to be working at all anymore. What am I missing here??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX log, just after one of these calls, to see how it is routed. I seem to recall that there were (are?) some options in the blacklist, on how many digits (CID) had to be matched before blocking. It might be a setting in there.

10. RussRiopelle

There are no settings when entering a number to blacklist. Just put it in and hit OK.....
    There is no SAVE or APPLY...

Attached Files:

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I have had to go in and add any number to my list. I'll have a look tonight.

Have you tried blocking any other numbers, or checking the 3CX logs to confirm the the incoming number is exactly what you have in the list? It may be that additional characters (a space?) is/are being sent, that are not expected, and it creates a situation where there is not an exact match.

12. RussRiopelle

Is anyone else having this problem?
    It just does not work any more with any number that I enter. :?:

13. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Put the Phone System in verbose logging, make another inbound call from you mobile and check the server activity log. Then copy-paste the logs you find there (obviously blanking out any sensitive) so we can have a look.

14. RussRiopelle

Here is the information from the log.
    I used my cell number that is blacklisted to make the call.
    I have two phones at my desk as you can see from the log.
    Thank you in advance for taking a look at this.

Attached Files:

15. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

By having another look at the screenshots you have posted, it seems as if you might have a '1' in front of the number in the Number Blacklist but your provider is sending the Caller ID with the '1' in front.

Try adding the number twice, once with the '1' and once without it and see if you get the same result.

Attached Files:

16. RussRiopelle

Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried with and without the "1" and still not working.
    We have a planned server reboot this week. I will let you know if the blacklisting works after that.

17. RussRiopelle

The call blocking from the numbers in the blacklist worked fine for about two weeks. Checked today and not working again.

18. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, I am going to probably state the obvious here, but if nothing has changed on the Phone System, then the cause must be something that is changing on the Provider side. Could it be that the Provider is changing the way/format they are sending the Caller ID number format?

The best way to see this is actually to run a packet trace on the 3CX server and open it with Wireshark, then see what they are sending in the "From : User Part".

19. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

We have the same issue. If you add a number to blacklist, remove it, and then add again, this number is not blocked anymore. Can you check this please?

20. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We have received some more reports about this and as far as I have been told, it has been fixed in the upcoming V15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.