DND button on Yealink

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does any one else have issues with their users not understanding how DND between the phone and MyPhone are not synced?
    On the Yealink phones we use, I can tell it to dial a * code to put 3cx into Out of Office (*32) and Available (*30) when user hits DND. But then the user comes back to their desk and opens MyPhone and changes it from Out of Office to Available. All well and good, except their phone is still in DND mode. I have explained this a dozen times to people, via email and personal conversations, yet it still eludes them. This is problamatic for those who should be answering the Ring Groups.

I have talked with a Yealink project manager and voiced my concerns that we should be able to configure the phones DND to only dial * codes and not put the actual phone into DND. Any one have any life experience with this ?

Thanks...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Craig -

I think you will also find that even using 3cx phone also does not sync. It is invoked at a local level and the response (DND) is provided by the phone when an attempt is made by a system to route a call to the device.

MyPhone, not being a device itself, must inform the system and then the system will not even try to route calls to that ext. I use the DND feature when using ring groups as it is a poor man's substitute for agents logging in and out as in a queue. It rings the ext maybe a partial or one till the DND response is sent (busy) and the system immediately goes to the next ext in the group.

I will have to look to see what response a yealink sends, and how it impacts ring groups and such versus a standard call to an extension.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I figured you would answer...

It would be nice if Yealink implemented an option for dial code, handset or both. ( Or none I guess) Been a real problem for us.

:roll:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.