• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DND in Ring Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziptalk

Reaction score
All,

I have created a simple ring group comprising of 3 extensions. If I DND 2 of those extensions (Snom 300 handsets), and then call the ring group, the available phone will ring, and then it will attempt to hunt onto the next extension and give me the message 'temporary failure' or words to that effect.

Basically DND isn't behaving as though I would expect it to. I am expecting it to behave similar to 'busy' so the behaviour is consistent with respects to call routing.

Has anyone else stumbled upon this ? I have changed the forwarding rules 'Busy Detection Mechanism' from Use PBX Status and Use Phone Status, unfortunately no joy.

I have created an additional forwarding rule to detect Phone Not Registered, in conjunction to Phone Busy and No Answer, and again no joy.

I have an absolute requirement for members of the ring group to put themselves on DND and for that not to break the call hunting. It seems as soon as someone goes on DND the whole call hunting fails.

So far there are 3 things that are going to stop me deploying the 3CX in-house as a replacement to our current Nortel BCM 50, they are in order of importance.

1. DND feature breaks ring groups and hunting
2. Call Pick-up feature does not work
3. Ring Groups in Hunt Mode are not rotational in the sense it begins on a different extension each time a new call invokes the ring group

Note for the 3CX Team. We have become a reseller/partner, and are deploying the 3CX for ourselves internally, and have already sold our first 3CX solution of which I will be installing next week!

Fortunately for us, our clients expectations are a lot more simpler than our own, however I would welcome some assistance be provided on those 3 implentation issues highlighted, as I am not going to get approval to use this system in-house without some sort of solution to those 3 items mentioned. Items 1 and 2 are the two we cannot live without.

Look forward to suggestions.

Lewis

1. I assume you have setup the rules for No Answer, Busy, Unregistered etc?
2. *20*ext# is the feature code to pickup calls, Are you getting an error?
3. I was not aware the BCM products offered this, But I think this has been fixed in V8.

Don't forget as a partner you can always open a ticket...

tpinnovations said:
1. I assume you have setup the rules for No Answer, Busy, Unregistered etc?
2. *20*ext# is the feature code to pickup calls, Are you getting an error?
3. I was not aware the BCM products offered this, But I think this has been fixed in V8.

Hi tpinnovations,

Yes I have created the forwarding rules for no answer, busy and unregistered to no avail.

When I done *20* I did not specify the extension number! :oops:

I'm used to call pickup groups, where I assumed *20* would pick up whichever phone was ringing.

If it's a case of *20*ext#, then it's just an extra bit of training for the team. I hope 3CX implement call pickup groups, makes life easier.

Thanks for that, that's solved it for me.

Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArjenDsnty
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.