• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DND Issues with Cisco SPA phones (only on v15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
I've been having issues with DND on Cisco SPA514g phones where the phone no longer displays a "Do Not Disturb" banner, and sometimes phones getting stuck in DND. I discovered in the provisioning template a DND Settings heading with the following lines:

Code:
<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"></DND_Act_Code>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"></DND_Deact_Code>

You'll notice there are no actual values in the tag. I copied the template and edited it to include the codes like so:

Code:
<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*32</DND_Act_Code>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*30</DND_Deact_Code>

After reprovisioning a phone with the custom template, the DND issues disappeared. 3CX support indicates this is by design but I don't understand why or what's going on, or how it's supposed to behave with the new template. I'd like some feedback on this issue and to see if anyone has experienced this issue.

Below is the response from 3CX which I'm not understanding.

Actually this is not an issue but on purpose, the DND is handled elsewhere now in v15 template:
Code:
<!--########################################################-->
<!--### DND Settings ###-->
<PSK_1 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=%%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%2;nme=dnd;ext2=%%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%0;nme2=-dnd</PSK_1>
<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"></DND_Act_Code>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"></DND_Deact_Code>
<Service_Annc_Base_Number group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes"></Service_Annc_Base_Number>
<Service_Annc_Extension_Codes group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes">DDT:2;DDF:0</Service_Annc_Extension_Codes>
<DND_Serv group="Phone/Supplementary_Services">Yes</DND_Serv>
<Service_Annc_Serv group="Phone/Supplementary_Services">Yes</Service_Annc_Serv>
{IF ua=SPA504G}
<Idle_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;astate|2;avail|3;unavail|3;redial|5;dir|6;cfwd|7;psk1|8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;guestIn|13;guestOut|13;em_logout</Idle_Key_List>
{ELSE}
<Idle_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;astate|2;avail|3;unavail|3;redial|5;dir|6;cfwd|7;psk1|8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;em_logout</Idle_Key_List>
{ENDIF}

Here are the steps and the differences between v14 and v15

Press "dnd" button (image 01), phone dials *32 and announces "Do not disturb status set" (image 02), and the phone and extension are set to DND. The "dnd" button changes to "-dnd" and on v14 there is a banner across the screen showing "Do Not Disturb" (image 03). In v15 the same steps are taken and it still dials *32, but the banner is missing (image 04).

Sometimes on v15 phones also get stuck in DND and the only way to fix it is a factory reset. I haven't been able to test this in particular but I'm assuming it's related because I downgraded the location with the most issues back to 14sp3 and I haven't received a complaint yet.

The banner shows again when I added the dial code values to the custom template under the DND Settings heading:

V15:
Code:
<!--###                  DND  Settings                   ###-->

<PSK_1 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=*32;nme=dnd;ext2=*30;nme2=-dnd</PSK_1>
<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"/>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes"/>
V14:
Code:
<!--###                  DND  Settings                   ###-->

<PSK_1 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=*32;nme=dnd;ext2=*30;nme2=-dnd</PSK_1>
<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*32</DND_Act_Code>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*30</DND_Deact_Code>

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    845.3 KB · Views: 587
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 582
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 586
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.