• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DND on SPA942 not updating Assistant (and vice versa)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJHmf

Reaction score
Hi all,

Like many, we're new users of the 3CX software (v9); and have Linksys/Cisco SPA942 IP desk phones across the board.

We can successfully change a user's DND status on the 3CX Assistant software, but this doesn't update the corresponding IP phone extensions. Equally setting the IP phone extension to DND does not update its corresponding 3CX Assistant entry.

Does anyone have any answer to why this is the case? I can't see anything obvious in the SPA942's web interface.

Many thanks,

GJHmf

Hi
It's a common confusion, between extension (logical) and device (physical): an extension (101) can "have" many devices connected/registered. Extension might be DND, as well as any individual device belonging to it. Therefore, setting a phone to DND doesn't mean the whole extension is DND; also, an extension might be DND while its phones - no. Since Assistant manage extension, the simptom you describe is normal.
Hope I explained OK.
Regards
vali

Thanks for the swift reply.

That makes total sense to me, certainly of you have an IP phone and '3CX for Android/iPhone' coupled with your extension number.

If your IP phone is the only device associated with your extension, would it be possible then to have the DND command work with the Assistant? I'm guessing the rule still applies, but have to ask.

Many thanks,

GJHmf

GJHmf said:
Thanks for the swift reply.

That makes total sense to me, certainly of you have an IP phone and '3CX for Android/iPhone' coupled with your extension number.

If your IP phone is the only device associated with your extension, would it be possible then to have the DND command work with the Assistant? I'm guessing the rule still applies, but have to ask.

Many thanks,

GJHmf

Can I suggest you use the assistant or dial codes for DND and not the device. You may need to explain to users the subtle difference between and extension and a device and why there are 2 DNDs.

There is a DND on the assistant and 3cx for an extension (which would put all devices on DND for that extension). The dial codes are *60 and *61(default but can be changed). This is a much better option for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.