DND Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BigRich171, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRich171

Is it possible to set Don't disturb purely for external calls but can still receive internal call even though this has been set ?

2. Taff3333

Using the Client you can select what to do with the calls internal and external for each of the status'

Hope this helps

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Actually that won't work. That will forward the call to a destination and if you select your extension there you will only create a loop.
    there is no way i can think of to achieve what you want

4. Taff3333

YiannisH_3CX if user is setting DND this custom status can be used to send external calls to VM

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes but the question was to still be able to receive these calls. Not go to voicemail. I was just trying to prevent someone from creating a loop by choosing his own extension

6. Taff3333

The initial question was to set DND for external calls and still recieve internal, would the suggestion i presented work in this instance, I am looking at the same issue

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok i took the DND quite literally so to sum up: when you set your extension to DND then you have the option to route the call differently based on where the call is coming from. But you do not have the ability to answer the call on your extension. You have only the ability to forward the call. If you select forward the call to your own extension then you will create a loop, so no this will not work.

Now, there are two statuses that will allow your extension to ring. That is available and lunch. these will divert the calls accordingly but to follow the forwarding rule you will have to reach the ring timeout. And the time specified there is the same for both internal and external calls.
    So the extension will ring regardless of where the call is coming through.

i think this is a request for the ideas section of the forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.