Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DNS Entries

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I followed this to setup DNS - so internally I can access my Portal same as when I am at home.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/creating-fqdn-split-dns/

However, I can not access a Quickmeeting when this is setup. It tells me it can not access the server.

The quickmeeting site opens - but when I click the button - no dice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Craig,

Please clarify what you mean that you cannot access on the server.
    If I understand correctly, you want to create a quick meeting by clicking web meeting button from 3CX client and then automatically browses the url of your web meeting server through Edge, if that is correct please make sure that the appropriated ports are open to your server (inbound port 5001 to your server). Also copy the url on popup window (Edge) and past on chrome browser. Please let us know if it works.

3. craigreilly

Giannos -
    So here is the resolution.

This page: https://www.3cx.com/docs/creating-fqdn-split-dns/ says to create a zone of my domain (3cx.us) and then an A record of PBXNAME to the internal IP of my PBX.

However - this blocked webmeeting.3cx.us from resolving to your servers when doing a quickmeeting.
    (Not sure why its not using pbx-us.3cx.net instead of webmeeting.3cx.us)

What I had to do was create a DNS Entry for mypbx.3cx.us and create a blank A record. Then webmeeting.3cx.us will resolve using external DNS as I no longer have 3cx.us as a domain in my DNS.

I hope this makes sense- and perhaps you will consider adjusting your instructions a bit here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/creating-fqdn-split-dns/

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 craigreilly, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are running a Windows 2012 DNS Server, please disable DNSSEC from the server settings. This should resolve the issue.

Basically you are unable to properly resolve our meeting nodes, e.g: us014-sea.3cx.us
    Which for example resolves to: 216.244.83.114 if you do a dnslookup of the domain above.

Try it and let me know.

5. craigreilly

running 2008 r2.

6. andreaschr

I will suggest the following
    Delete the Zone follow again this https://www.3cx.com/docs/creating-fqdn-split-dns/
    and on step 5 of Add a New Zone do NOT enter 3cx.us enter the full FQDN example. 3cx-pbx.3cx.us.
    Then on step 2 Adding a New Host leave the Value Name empty.

7. Michael Moore

THIS TOTALLY WORKED!!! I'd like to expand on it just a bit to make sure people understand the context under which this is needed...
    1. Your PBX is on an internal IP, but is accessible via NAT at a public IP.
    2. Your PC is using an internal IP for a dns server (most likely your domain controller).
    3. This will work if you're using your own public DNS OR the 3cx provided dns.
    4. This will also fix remote locations that need to access the web meeting over site to site vpn.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.