DNS error resolvinfgFQDN, or service is not available.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cky22, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cky22

Hi Experts.

I am having a issue here.
    Registration at (my phone number) has failed. Destination (My phone number) is not reachable.DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.
    Event ID 12293

I can ping akl.italk.co.nz or ping IP address all good.

cant connect to VOIP provider since friday morning, and setup a VOIP SIP phone without by pass 3CX server and also cant connected.
    i have connnected VOIP proverder and they test my line on they side and all work fine...
    and also I can contacted my internet provider and they cant nothing wrong with they DNS..

do you know what happen with my VOIP phone?

Please advice me...

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From the machine running 3CX, or another machine on your network?

Have you made ANY changes at all about the time it stopped working?

In the machine running 3CX, is the DNS setting the IP of your router? What if you put in something like 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS server), any change?

If you substitute the URL for IP of your provider, in the 3CX trunks setting, does it work correctly?

3. cky22

I did not change ANY setting at all included my router.. no any setting changed.

it was from the machine running 3CX.
    i have 3 VOIP providers installed on to 3CX server & other provider is working fine.

only 1 povider cant connect.

i have put IP address or URL also the same... cant connect.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If voip and internet service providers are saying that everything is OK then you need to make a capture of network traffic on PBX host (using wireshark) and then send a copy to both of them for analysis.

"Ping" protocol works a little bit different than SIP. If nothing was changed inside your network, then something was changed outside of it.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cky22

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE.
    Can you please let me know where can I email to

thanks

6. 1st

1st

Hi
    I have had the same problem for 4 months.
    I have spent hundreds of hours on it and had a lot of helpf from, 3cx, Voiceflex and my ISP.
    I also had made no changes, but am convinced it has to do with my windows SBS exchange network set up.
    Please let me know if you make any progress
    Many thanks
    Steven

7. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

DNS errors on a 3CX server can cause some real problems, especially with incoming calls [finding your 3CX] and connection speed outbound.

An easy way to check if you have the right DNS settings in your server, is to use it to browse websites. If you are getting good clean and fast connects to websites, then generally your DNS settings must be doing their job. If site opening is delayed, or just doesn't happen, then you do need to make some changes!

Try to leave your router open to acquire DNS from the ISP, and then make sure you have reference to the router's LAN IP in your DNS settings on the network card (NIC) of the 3CX. You will need either a static IP address set on the 3CX NIC, or have an address reserved for it by some other DHCP source on your network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.