DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Derek66, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek66

I get a Warning Event ID of 12293 advsing me that my povider PennyTel has failed

Registration at PennyTel has failed. Destination(siP: XXXXXXXXXXX@sip.pennytel.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available

In the Server Event Log the immediatley preceding Event is Warning 12289 stating the Device (mobile phone number) dialed on (AnyLine@Penny Tel) had no available outgoing trunk (from my phone extension ,sip:101@10.0.0.150> tag=428185683to the mobile number I was calling.

The next event was that our other outbound trunk handled the call- the other trunk is specifically for land line calls but 3cx is configured to rollover to this if Pennytel is busy.

I have been and checked my password at the Pennytel portal and made sure I have the correct details.

What is this error and where do I look to rectify it.

Thanks

2. cfive

cfive Member

The DNS server cannot find or reach the IP for sip.pennytel.com.

The DNS server may be down, or sip.pennytel.com may be down or unreachable. Can you ping sip.pennytel.com?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Derek66

Yes I am able to ping sip. pennytel and I get an IP address, Ihave tried replacing the sip.pennytle in the outbound proxy hostname or IP of 3cx with the IP address - without success

4. cfive

cfive Member

That would appear to rule out one of the reasons given by Event ID 12293 - basically the event description is pretty well self expanatory. If it's not DNS, and the FQDN resolves correctly, that leaves 'service not available', as a reason for 'registration failed'.

If nothing else changed between the time it worked and the time it stopped working - If it were I, I'd contact pennytel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The first question is: does the trunk port to penneytel show as being registered?

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I noticed some problems today with stun.3cx.com -- looks like not working.
    This could be the problem. If you have static public IP try do disable STUN entirely (consult the 3CX blog how to do this).

REgards

7. Derek66

Thnak you for you assistance - at 9.14am the pennytel account sorted itself out and registered without my intervention- Strange

8. phfsobhan

Hi Guys,

I am facing the same issue on my 3CX server, registering at Twilio fails with the same error:

Registration at twilio has failed. Destination (sip:username@sip.twilio.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

Server have direct ip address.
    DNS is working fine.
    Tried to replace sip.twilio.com with ip address with no luck and the same error.

At the twilio side everything is double checked and they are okay.

Kindly looking forward for your replies.

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Check the firewalls to include Windows.

10. phfsobhan

All outbound traffic are allowed at the windows side, and 3CX firewall check shows success on all tests, however there is no firewall applied on inbound and i think for outgoing initiated traffic firewall will open the source ports.

I have also set the server ip address in the twilio white-list, but still getting that error.

What do u think?

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will generally be one of three things (if you have tried using the IP of your provider with no success)...

Your Server, Your network/ISP, or your provider.

If you use the 3CX phone, installed on a PC, that is set to register to your provider, as a single service, does that work, from your network? If it does, then it may be an issue (hardware, or software/settings, corruption), on the 3CX server If it doesn't work, then try it from somewhere else (another LAN, eliminating your network and ISP), if that still doesn't work, then it may very well be an issue with your provider. You may want to contact them to see if any changes were made at their end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.