Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vortuna, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vortuna

Hi All,

I am facing problem with 3cx server and Skype Connect for these several days.

Error Log Message from 3cx:
    Registration at Skype has failed. Destination (sip:99051********@sip.skype.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

I have try to ping sip.skype.com from my windows 7 that host 3cx.
    Ping: ok
    Tracert: ok

I also do a test using 3cx windows client, and i can connect to my skype connect, can make a call out.

Any one please help me what is going wrong with my 3cx server?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you can ping from the same machine then there should not be an issue, should being the key word.
    Have you tried changing the DNS server on the machine, to that of your router IP, or perhaps 8.8.8.8, which is the Google DNS server, just as a test.

Have you re-booted the machine?

Did you make any changes to the networks, the server, or anything else about the time this issue began?

3. vortuna

Yes, I have reboot the win7 machine several times. Also have try to use stun servers but not work. (I have my static Public Address)

Did you make any changes to the networks? No, there are no change at the intern network or local network in the last 3 month.

Anything else about the time this issue began?
    Registration Sent 11/15/2014 4:10 AM
    Registration OK 11/12/2014 8:13 5 AM
    Last Fail Register 11/15/2014 4:13 AM

Same day when call out down, 11/12/2014 8:13 5 AM, My ISP called me and inform me that they were going to do maintenance on their DNS server

PIng win7 box to sip.skype.com ok and reply from 134.170.20.10

my router
    DNS1: DNS Server from ISP
    DNS2: 8.8.8.8

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Have you reboot your router to see if this resolve the issue?
    Or use skype’s SIP IP-address instead of sip.skype.com to see if this will resolve the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vortuna

I have reboot my router. Not solve the issue. Also put 8.8.8.8 at my secondary DNS advice given from my ISP.

in command prompt windows box i test DNS
    nslookup sip.skype.com

Server: UnKnow
    Address: 10.0.1.254

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: sip.skype.com
    Address: 134.170.20.10

use skype’s SIP IP-address instead of sip.skype.com to see if this will resolve the issue?
    Call or Registration to Skype has failed. sip:990******@134.170.20.10:5060 replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:134.170.20.10:5060

Confirmed with skype livechat,that there is no problem with my skype manager or skype connect account. Also have change password from skype connect.

Server activity log:
    17-Nov-2014 04:59:50.565 [CM504007]: Next attempt to register Lc:10001(@Skype[<sip:990*******@sip.skype.com:5060>]) is scheduled in 120 seconds
    17-Nov-2014 04:59:50.545 [CM504005]: Registration failed for: Lc:10001(@Skype[<sip:990*******@sip.skype.com:5060>]); Cause: Cause: 408 Request Timeout/REGISTER from local

Server event log:
    event ID 12293
    Registration at Skype has failed. Destination (sip:990*******@sip.skype.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

Please help me, I am stuck in no where now. :cry:

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have any issues registering with any other providers?

Without another provider to compare against, it is all a guess.

It is odd that using the IP did not work and the you received a Forbidden reply. The DNS server simply provides the IP address to use, if you use that address "directly", then there should be no difference.

7. vortuna

Yes I have another VOIP provider and also setup in the same win 7 machine

Here are the print screen that i took from my 3cx win7 box.

I have 2 SIP and other one is working Great with out any problem.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless there is something in your firewall that is specifically blocking Skype, and given the changes you have made, it would look (to me) that there is an issue between your machine and Skype specifically, and/or with Skype.

If your other provider was having issues resolving the IP, then that would point to the DNS server, or something blocking access to it. You've done the DNS server changes that I would try.

Have you tried putting the 3CX server behind a different router and/or firewall temporarily to see if that makes a difference? Dig up an old home router (sometimes the more simple, the better) set with the same IP range and forward the necessary ports.

I have seen some very strange/unexpected issues come up when routers have "misbehaved" for no apparent reason. If there is a switch, between the server and the router, try by-passing it.

The use of Wireshark may also help identify where the issue is.

9. stevenrego

I have a big issue with skype and 3cx , I am getting the DNS error resolving FQDN error out of the blue , all was working fine until july 14th and then it stopped registering , i even checked with different ISP's but the issue still persists. I have opened all ports on my router and also firewall checker shows all ports as opened.

Please i need quick assistance for the above. I tried checking with skype but they say that i need to check with 3cx support and hence i though of getting through to this forum.

I should also add that i can ping to sip.skype.com and the corresponding IP is theirs as shown on skype manager.

10. stevenrego

Still awaiting a reply for the below !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.