Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DNS Name to register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by josephicon, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josephicon

I dont have a static ip wan address on my 3cx host pc. Would it be possible to connect to a gateway, authenticating using not an IP address but a dns name.

I have tried doing this by putting the dns name into the field speciffy IP instead of both/internal/external (stun).

That did not work.

Any ideas?

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

You can do this in many ways on
    http://www.dyndns.org
    http://www.no-ip.org

and a more..... just register, choose an avaible submain for you to use, download their program, install on pc and insert you log on details and voila.. you will have something like "Joseph.no-ip.org" or something alike...

Cheers

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

nexVortex can use whatever IP it gets registered to. No need for static unless you want it for other reasons - like an email server.

I'd be careful with using those services. I tried it a couple years ago and my IP changed so often that it wasn't userful for email.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aguilar

aguilar New Member

try no-ip.com works fine and its free

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I use No-IP and DNSExit, both work great. DNSExit is better if you wish DNS features, as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.