DNSWindows .bat File

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HowardMaxfield241, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardMaxfield241

So I installed my failover server but am having issues with the DNS not switching over to the failover server once its initiated. I downloaded the scripts to do so however Im at a lose how to configure them. Has anyone configured them before?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

it depends on your environment, if you use a public 3CX FQDN, then we will deal with the change for you (but it will take time until the TTL expires unless you use en ENT license). If you need to alter internal DNS infos, then refere to the admin guide of your DNS service and if it is a Windows DNS server, alter as per document also the Service Running User. Note on Linux based PBXes you can not alter so easy a windows dns entrie...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HowardMaxfield241

Well the issue im having is that when the failover is initiated phones wont provision to the FQDN. Nor can I access the web management console from the FQDN.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

and where are the phones located, in your network or remote?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HowardMaxfield241

All in the same network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.