Do I add background music to MOH files?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

I have currently written out a new script that we are to be recording soon. The way it is going to be set up is:

Person gets transferred to the queue.
    A message for that specific queue will play( intro prompt?)
    10 random message blurbs about the company play randomly.

My question is, when I record these files, Do I need to record background music with them? Or is there another place where I play a upload a music file then upload the message recording and the recording will play over the music? I would like to have the music consistent without breaks when the random messages are playing.

Can I accomplish this? How? Did I even make sense?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The system will only support playing a single file at a time for a given event/need. As a result, if a message is to have music in the background, then you will need to mix the tracks (music and speech) into a single file that meets the 3CX audio file requirements. One of the more readily available software tools that allow for such manipulation is "Audacity" and it is available as a download and if memory serves, it is either free or there is a free version.

Keep in mind that not withstanding that only one file is used during a playback period, you also may need to control the volume of each track and do fade-ins and -outs to make the music meet the need of your message. When you have the file the way you need it, then you can use the same tool to merge the tracks into one monaural track and then convert to the needed file format.

3. Kevin Burns

Awesome thank you. Since 3cx can only play one file at a time, does the playlist feature play the first one on one call and the second on the next call then? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.