Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Do I have to dial "9" to get outside?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSDKen, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSDKen

I have my 3cx, 10.x system running using SNOM phones and a Patton box for my outside lines. Everything works fine with a "9" prefix, but would prefer it to simply dial out without needing to dial "9" first. Is this possible? I cant seem to make it work.

Thanks,

Ken

2. willow

willow Member

Yes it is possible. Simply edit your outbound rules to reflect the 9 change and lower your total length by 1 and you should be good to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

You probably have a single outbound rule set to see a 9 prefix and then direct it to your Patton route by stripping one digit.

You need to eliminate that rule and create one that works with 7-10 and 11 digit dialing plus add the one beginning with 011 if you want international to work. There is nothing to just edit because if you eliminate the 9 in the current rule you have no rule....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.