Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Do I Need active maintenance to upgrade?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Haeyl, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haeyl

Question in the title, the maintenance license on my company's 3CX v14 has run out. Now my director is wanting to upgrade to v15 but I've just heard that waithout a license you cannot upgrade. Can't we just buy the upgrade?

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

To upgrade you need your maintenance to be current. If you are more than two months past the maintenance period of your license you can purchase a "version upgrade" which will bring you back to the latest version with 1 year of active maintenance. Going forward you should always purchase the annual maintenance. Maintenance is approx 25% of base license cost and Version Upgrade is about 80% of base license cost.

http://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/upgrades/ look for "Version Upgrades".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haeyl

thanks for the link, I've looked at that before. Our maintenance license is most certainly out of date (before my time or I would have made sure they kept it active). Our system is version 14 with 4 sim calls, am I right in assuming that upgrading to 15 would cost 179 Euro?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think that asking for prices in the forum will not serve you well as you could get wrong information. Make a call to our sales department in the number found in the link. They will be able to offer you far more details http://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

5. Haeyl

cheers, will do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.