'Do not disturb' does not work

Discussion in 'iOS' started by mdileo, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdileo

I'm using 3CX on my iPhone and it works well except the do not disturb function. I have two issues:

Do Not Disturb function in IOS (not the function in 3CX):
    I activate the function planned from 22:00 - 06:00, so I can sleep well and will not be disturbed. This works fine for calls, mails, SMS and so on, but 3CX completely ignores this function, it just rings like hell in the middle of the night

Do Not Disturb in 3CX
    This function works, but I can only choose that it will work for 2 hours or 12 hours, but that's bad. I have to activate the function exactly 12 hours before I want to activate it again. Better would be to set the exact time when it should change back to "available". If I want it activate at 06:00 I have to deactivate it at 18:00 which does not work for me, because I have to be available until 22:00.
    A scheduler would solve this problem.

I'm really unhappy with this situation because there is no solution at the moment. Any ideas or plans for the future to solve this?

PS: It's not possible to set the work times striclty from 06:00 to 22:00 because we have more than one really complex ring groups and it seems that 3CX it not designed for that.

Edit: On Android phones we can solve it by a scheduler which activate and deactivate airplane mode when I want it. This is something which is not possible on IOS.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mdileo

Thanks for the explanation vali! I see that apple guidelines are too strict and it's not your fault.

But It should be very easy to implement more time spans between 2 hours and 12 hours in the app, for example:

- 2 hours
    - 4 hours
    - 6 hours
    - 8 hours
    - 10 hours
    - 12 hours

I know this is just a wish from a single user (me) but it would help me so much and make me sleep well again :lol:

With that I sill have to activate the 3CX do not disturb at the exactly correct time (for example If I want it activated at 06:00 I have to deactivate it exactly at 22:00 with the setting of 8 hours)

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I guess this you can already achieve via MyPhone status:
    - tap the "Available" label on the top-right corner - it will open your profile myphone status page
    - tap "Do not disturb" status "arrow" to open its settings
    - tap "Switch status back after" and select the interval you want (well, it's no in so "discrete" intervals as you want, but whatever)
    - back-back and done.
    Hope it helps.
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mdileo

Yes I know, but for me the gap between 2 hours and 12 hours is too big. I can't activate this function at 6PM for 12 hours so that it will ring again from 6AM on - because I have to answer the calls until 10PM. And If I will activate it at 10PM the phone is silent until 10AM.

When the time span of 6 hours would be added it would help me a lot, then I have to wait until midnight and can use this function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.