Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Do Not Disturb report

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Christopher Yesh, Aug 10, 2017.

Do Not Disturb report 4.5 5 4votes
4.5/5, 4 votes

1. Christopher Yesh

I would like to see a report (actually one of my clients would) that shows how long any extension on the system goes on "Do not disturb"

Then this could be logged and a report pulled up through pdf or CSV

Thoughts?

Christopher

ITW likes this.
  2. Paul Omans

This seems like an incredibly niche need although I can understand the possible applications.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Christopher Yesh

I'll admit you are correct - but it could be part of a more robust report system. Anything else anyone could think of that could be added to the existing reporting structure?

4. Natalie Ugalde

I'm surprised 3CX does not have this as a "canned report". I was reading another thread where most thought it was not tracked in 3CX or possible to obtain.

I manage a Call Center and coming in, 3CX system was something they were already using. I did my best with what I was given and have found a creative solution in the meantime to find this data.

It is VERY time consuming but if you absolutely need this data, like me, follow the steps below.

The basic concept is, 3CX timestamps when someone goes ON DND and when someone goes OFF DND. You have to use excel to calculate the difference from when the agent/employee went ON DND and when they went OFF DND. That gives you the length they were on DND. You will need to continue to do this and you can get a total for the day.

The report filters are as follows:
    Type - Call Reports
    Name - {your choice}
    Report format - CVS File
    E-mail address - {your email}
    Frequency - One time now
    Range - {I run one day at a time, which is the easiest and set me time parameters of when my staff is scheduled}
    From - Any
    To - Any
    Filer answered or unanswered calls - Answered & Unanswered
    Duration - Ringing and Talking
    Cleaning up the spreadsheet:
    Remove unnecessary first few rows (leave the headers to filter)
    Remove Columns C, I, K, & L
    Filter by Destination - DND OFF & DND ON
    Filter by Caller - {Choose your employee(s)}
    Filter by Call Time - Oldest to newest
    Filter by Caller ID - A to Z
    Here comes the tedious part.
    Highlight all rows in Column A, starting at row 2
    Select the Data tab at the top
    Select Text to Columns
    Select Fixed width then click next
    Make sure there is a line splitting the date and time apart, then click next
    The date should be in black and do not import column (skip) should be selected. Once complete select Finish
    Right click on the highlighted rows and select Format Cells
    Select Custom > [h]:mm:ss then select OK
    You will need to calculate each extension’s DND time individually. Start by separating the extensions with colors to make it easier to identify each one
    To calculate DND time you must subtract DND OFF from DND ON. Start with the first OFF, below the first ON
    The formula is DND Off - DND ON
    Copy the formula by highlighting the box above and the box with the formula, then dragging the corner box to the end of the first extensions time
    *** Tip - Do NOT drag the formula to the extension below. You will have to repeat steps to each extension individually. ***

In order for the totals to be accurate, each formula total must be aligned with a DND Off. If it falls on a DND On, the formula must be corrected.

*** Tip – The easiest way to correct an error is to:
    1. Delete the formula from the error down to the end of the extension
    2. Do a new formula to calculate the first off from the first on
    a. Errors will be caused by multiple OFFs in a row or multiple ONs in a row
    3. DO NOT drag that formula to the rest
    4. Check the next set to make sure they are consistent and correct. If they are set the formula and drag it to the rest.

Sometimes you will have to correct multiple errors. The report will calculate correctly if you fix the error and restart your new formula, after fixing the error, and before dragging.

To get the total highlight the totals of each extension and the sum will be shown at the bottom of the page on the right-hand side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Natalie Ugalde, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018