Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Do not register on domain?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lucian.jp, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucian.jp

I would like to use 3CXPhone without registering to the SIP. There is not checkbox in preferences to do that. I have tried to set the "Registration time" to 0 but after saving it sets it back to 1 minute. Is there a way or a hack to be able to dial even not connected?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I seem to recall this coming up in the past. Unless there is something in one of the new versions, that prevents this, it is going to want to register with whatever provider you put into a profile.

3. lucian.jp

Then I can't simulate external calls with random ANI's through the SIP server without defining an endpoint. So basically I can't use 3CX to test inbound calls from client?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You won't be able to spoof caller ID but you can set up an incoming trunk (or several), for no cost, from IPKall.com . You won't be able to do direct SIP calls from the 3CX phone.

5. lucian.jp

X-lite only has 2 line and can only run 1 instance.
    EyeBeam doesn't work in win 7.
    3CX can't do outbound call simulation.

If 3CX had the same checkbox to enable registering to the sip like X-Lite it would have been a perfect match. I guess it falls into the feature request.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to keep in mind that, while using a SIP "standard", and usable with most other providers, I'm sure it's primary function (reason for development), was/is to work as an extension off the 3CX PBX. Given that it is offered at no cost, you can't get too picky about what it doesn't do.

7. lucian.jp

I'm with you on this. I have no rage at all. It just would have been so wonderful. Hence the feature request conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.