Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Do you support Pantronics Wireless headsets?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by theromans, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theromans

As per subject: does your VOIP client support Pantronics Wireless headsets?

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/office/wireless-headsets/cs50-usb

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

If I understand correctly your question, then the answer is: the 3CX Voip Phone supports the same audio devices supported by the operating system; each audio driver installed in the system can be used to play and/or record.

Therefore, if you will check the File/Preferences dialog box, in the "Sound Devices" group, there are three kind of audio events used by the phone - speaking (mic), hearing (play) and ringing(ring). Each such as event can be "routed" to an already installed audio device.

By default, the phone routes all these events to the same, system-default, audio device. But, supposing you have a soundcard and a headset, then you may configure the phone to use for ringing the soundcard audio driver, while for mic/hear the headset audio driver.

Try this and check if it works.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. theromans

Yes Matt,
    That was my question and yes, all what you say is correct!

Thank you!

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

All I can say at this moment is that the available version of the 3CX Voip Phone is a BETA one - I mean, not the pre-, not final- release one :mrgreen:

Cheers
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. theromans

Sorry, let me ask again:
    does your 3CX Voip Phone BETA support the pick up button of the Plantronics Wireless headsets?
    If so, when will it be available to download?

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Sorry for confusion, my mistake :oops:
    The answer is - this beta does not support Plantronics, otherwise this feature would be specified among other features listed in the presentation topic http://www.3cx.com/forums/new-3cx-softphone-beta-with-integrated-tunnel-8562.html#p43762

About alfa, beta and pre... Matt, each of these stages is supposed to bring an improvement compared to the previous one - basically less bugs, more stability, more features - since they are stages of the development. In each of them you can have "under construction" features, not revealed exactly because of this reason, but becoming available in the next stage. Or, if possible, some features may be implemented "on the fly". That's why I said I cannot tell at this moment what will be in next -pre and final release. It was just telling a fact, nothing humor-related.

vali

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Matt
    Matt, perhaps what I said sounded a little hmmm... tough, even it wasn't my intention, sorry :oops:

Cheers 8)
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.