Does 3CX block fax in free edition?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

Hi

I have a t.38 compliant trunk, and a client on V14 free with the pro key for 2SC.

I know that even though it is a pro free edition that faxes wouldn't work, however, I have attempted to setup various sip compliant softphones that support faxes and none of them seem to answer successfully or don't recognise the call as a fax.

I was wondering if 3CX somehow intercepts/block t.38 to the endpoint and/or can someone advise what to do here? The client has the need to send faxes, so, the fax facility in 3CX isn't really an option (unless it has been improved in v15?)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it were a licensing issue, it would probably reflect that in the 3CX log, for a failed fax call. Have you checked that?

What type of trunking are you using?
    What type of ATA are you using?
    How do you have the extension configured?

In some cases, the actual fax machine used, or the setting on that machine, can make a difference. Some older machines actually perform better that some newer models as they are able to work at slower speeds, which is sometimes required.

3. ezpc

Hi Lee,

What type of trunking are you using?

My own from my master SBC, AFAIK, it fully supports faxes.

What type of ATA are you using?

None, I first tried using 3CX fax, before I realised it is only in the pay edition, not in the 4/standard free or 2/pro free.... I couldn't see anything in the logs to show a problem, and, I used a variety of fax supporting soft phones which also didn't work.

How do you have the extension configured?

I followed the standard guide for fax before I realised it wasn't included in free. I then setup a regular extension and used fax soft phones without any luck.

In the end, I found a fax to email provider and I just forward the call to that number (via 3CX), so, I really want to revisit this later, but, I am over the urgent issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.