• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Does 3CX run on Windows XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drotkopf

Reaction score
Hi,

Simple question: Does 3CX run on Windows XP Pro? Any other requirements such as ram/disk?

Bonus question: is there an automated failover mechanism in 3CX to have a standby server take over when the first server fails?

Thanks, and happy new year.

DR

Using v7 here on XP Pro, but I only have 5 real Extensions(2 Cell Phones, 2 Softphones, and conference server.

With XP Pro, I highly recommend using the IIS program that is include with XP.

drotkopf said:
Hi,

Simple question: Does 3CX run on Windows XP Pro? Any other requirements such as ram/disk?

Bonus question: is there an automated failover mechanism in 3CX to have a standby server take over when the first server fails?

Thanks, and happy new year.

DR
I just done a recent install of v7, and the installation wizard actually states the prerequisites for installation, and I recall XP Pro being there. It also recommends memory, disk space requirements as well. Those requirements I'm sure are in the Wiki as well, hope that helps.

Lewis

Thanks a lot, mattlandis, NRG and ziptalk.
Your answers help a lot. I did search in the Wiki before posting here and I couldn't find anything, but it may be my fault.
To your success!
DR

mattlandis said:
NRG said:
Using v7 here on XP Pro, but I only have 5 real Extensions(2 Cell Phones, 2 Softphones, and conference server.

Hey, I didn't see the "requirements" page when I installed 3cx. Could you post a screen shot of the screen?
I've been looking for published pc/ram/cpu requirements for quite a while.

tx
matt
Hi Matt,

As requested a screenshot of the installer screen specifying the requirements below:

Here's the following page with 3CX recommendations:

Hope that helps,
Lewis

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,235
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,227
mattlandis said:
excellent...we have been telling people 1gb and 2ghz or faster so I guess it is written in stone now ;-)

good
matt

Interestingly enough, the 'Requirements' are not stated as the minimum or recommended, so I assume it's the recommended. I actually have 3CX v7 running on a 2.8GHz Intel Processor, with only 256MB of RAM, reason for the low spec is that it's a virtual machine, running quite a few other VMs as well and I find it runs satisfactorily. I imagine also the jump from php/apache over to IIS/.Net for v7 is going to put upward pressure on the minimum requirements - although 3CX doesn't consume much resources or memory in comparison to standard desktop applications.

mattlandis said:
NRG said:

Hey, I didn't see the "requirements" page when I installed 3cx. Could you post a screen shot of the screen?
I've been looking for published pc/ram/cpu requirements for quite a while.

tx
matt
Matt, I am not too sure what info you are looking for specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.