Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Does 3CX run on Windows XP Pro?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by drotkopf, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drotkopf

Hi,

Simple question: Does 3CX run on Windows XP Pro? Any other requirements such as ram/disk?

Bonus question: is there an automated failover mechanism in 3CX to have a standby server take over when the first server fails?

Thanks, and happy new year.

DR

2. NRG

NRG

Using v7 here on XP Pro, but I only have 5 real Extensions(2 Cell Phones, 2 Softphones, and conference server.

With XP Pro, I highly recommend using the IIS program that is include with XP.

3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I just done a recent install of v7, and the installation wizard actually states the prerequisites for installation, and I recall XP Pro being there. It also recommends memory, disk space requirements as well. Those requirements I'm sure are in the Wiki as well, hope that helps.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. drotkopf

Thanks a lot, mattlandis, NRG and ziptalk.
    Your answers help a lot. I did search in the Wiki before posting here and I couldn't find anything, but it may be my fault.
    To your success!
    DR

5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Matt,

As requested a screenshot of the installer screen specifying the requirements below:

Here's the following page with 3CX recommendations:

Hope that helps,
    Lewis

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Interestingly enough, the 'Requirements' are not stated as the minimum or recommended, so I assume it's the recommended. I actually have 3CX v7 running on a 2.8GHz Intel Processor, with only 256MB of RAM, reason for the low spec is that it's a virtual machine, running quite a few other VMs as well and I find it runs satisfactorily. I imagine also the jump from php/apache over to IIS/.Net for v7 is going to put upward pressure on the minimum requirements - although 3CX doesn't consume much resources or memory in comparison to standard desktop applications.

7. NRG

NRG

Matt, I am not too sure what info you are looking for specifically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.