• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Does 3CX support call screening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

still

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to 3CX and was just wondering if the voicemail component supports "call screening"? What I mean by call screening is that can I listen to incoming voicemail messages as they are being received? Regular answering machines allow this to happen, so I was wondering if 3cx allows this as well.

Thanks for your help,

Ali

No, it's saved as a WAV file.

You have to configure an Email address and you will receive the voicemail by Email :lol:

mattlandis said:
Hello,

No, as far as I know 3cx doesn't do this.

If this is very important: If you use a (there are a bunch out there--google) sip monitoring/recording tool this would be possible. I'm trying to think of the name...hmm...if i think I'll post. There is one that you can buy per user. Approx. $100 per user.

Matt

Thanks a lot for your response. I had to go away and didn't get a chance to read the responses. Any chance you could let me know what is the name of this sip monitoring/recording tool.

Again, thanks for your response.

You could use an ATA and hang an answerphone on the end of it and answer and interup if you wish. Not very elegent I know.

Phil

Wireshark/Ethereal has a plug-in that allows you to record VOIP traffic or play it back in realtime. I used it for call recordings before I started using the X-lite recorder.
But... that's not particularly elegant just to listen to voicemail traffic.
Incidentally, even if you could listen to voicemail traffic in real-time, it wouldn't benefit you much. If it's a call you wanted to take, the caller is already in the voicemail system and you cannot pull him out. You'd have to wait for the message to finish before you called back.
I'd say, get yourself a nice SPA or GS with a big MWI light, and you'll be just as good.
-Ryan

I think we should make a request for this feature. They are quite responsive on requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.