Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Does 3CX support call screening?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by still, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. still

Hi all,

I'm new to 3CX and was just wondering if the voicemail component supports "call screening"? What I mean by call screening is that can I listen to incoming voicemail messages as they are being received? Regular answering machines allow this to happen, so I was wondering if 3cx allows this as well.

Thanks for your help,

Ali

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

No, it's saved as a WAV file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. soupalognon

You have to configure an Email address and you will receive the voicemail by Email :lol:

4. still

Thanks a lot for your response. I had to go away and didn't get a chance to read the responses. Any chance you could let me know what is the name of this sip monitoring/recording tool.

Again, thanks for your response.

5. Philco

Philco Member

You could use an ATA and hang an answerphone on the end of it and answer and interup if you wish. Not very elegent I know.

Phil

6. Ryandc

Wireshark/Ethereal has a plug-in that allows you to record VOIP traffic or play it back in realtime. I used it for call recordings before I started using the X-lite recorder.
    But... that's not particularly elegant just to listen to voicemail traffic.
    Incidentally, even if you could listen to voicemail traffic in real-time, it wouldn't benefit you much. If it's a call you wanted to take, the caller is already in the voicemail system and you cannot pull him out. You'd have to wait for the message to finish before you called back.
    I'd say, get yourself a nice SPA or GS with a big MWI light, and you'll be just as good.
    -Ryan

7. nitup

I think we should make a request for this feature. They are quite responsive on requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.