Does 3CX support remote office gateway deployment?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zhangjx99, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhangjx99

Hi, I searched google and can't find successful deployment of gateway(FSX/FXO) in remote office.

Anyone can help?

Thanks,
    JX

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I have used it and it does work. However, 3CX do not support remote gateways in that configuration. To connect the gateway at the remote site we have used a VPN. A remote FXS connection should work as it is an external extension.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zhangjx99

Hi Richard,

thanks for the information. I am using VPN for main oversea factories too, but for those branch sales office, there is no VPN connection available.

That's the reason I need help on this.

JX

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is not supported but...
    A branch office can be connected to PBX using standalone SIP/RTP tunneling proxy installed in the branch office network.Theoretically, it should be possible to connect FXO/FXS gateways as well as SIP phones...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zhangjx99

SIP phone is working by using proxy manager, but not gateway.

Yes, that is what I was thinking of, unfortunately it not work... at least I couldn't find a way to do so...

alternatively, I have just configured Grandstream FXS gateway to be DMZ in remote office, and supperised it is working fine...

consider as case close, unless someone find a way to use 3cx tunnel or proxy manager... do let me know.

anyway, thanks.
    JX

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Possibly to do with Firewalls?

I have family in NZ, UK and Europe and all are connected to my 3cx pbx using a Linksys PAP2T.

In this configuration we have to set up the outbound proxy as the external ip for the pbx and tell the PAP2T to use the outbound proxy.

All works correctly with no problems.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have deployed a 3102 (FXO port) as a remote gateway successfully and will be doing so again next week. I had it set up using a public IP (not behind a router) which then has to be added in the trunk datafill in 3CX. No VPN, no proxy server.

8. zhangjx99

Even with public IP address set in the gateway, my gateway(grandstream4004) only able to register to the 3cx external IP (port forn warded to internal IP) and then still got one-way voice problem to some of internal IP phone.

Hi abc123,
    on below case:
    In this configuration we have to set up the outbound proxy as the external ip for the pbx and tell the PAP2T to use the outbound proxy

how did put primary SIP server? 3cx internal IP address or external IP?
    need add in port number to outbound proxy IP?

Thanks
    JX

9. zhangjx99

Hi there,

managed to setup Grandstream 4004 in home workable in home and will deploy to oversea office.
    Configuration:
    1. SIP Server at public IP address
    2. Use stun.3cx.com as STUN server.

Thanks,
    JX

10. broadbandcti

I use edgemarc's for branch office deployments. Best thing since sliced bread. Only drawback is firewall functionality is kind of primitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.