does 3cx treat ext 100 differently

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aftermarket, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aftermarket

ok so we have 3cx set up with the pbx site we than have ext 100 101 and 103 on a remote site. now the problem is that all the remote sites work fine however the phone on ext 100 locks up and freezes the power then has to be removed for it to restart. The phone will then be ok for a day then does the same thing. at first i thought it was the phone so we replaced it 3 times now i'm thinking 3cx treats ext 100 differently that makes the phones crash. any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the 3CX log show any thing abnormal with the registrations, the sets should normally register every 30 minutes. Does it register normally, then just stop? Are the remote sets using the proxy server? If not, does each set have a unique port number?

3. aftermarket

Registers fine no problems works for almost a day then freezes. It's not using any proxys just connect directly the port is also mapped it's strange

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The registration relies on the set to do instigate that. Does the set just seem to give up? Some phones and ATA's have internals logs, if yours does, it might provide a clue. It is either that the set doesn't register anymore, or, and this seems unlikely, the 3CX refuses the registrations. Could it possibly be a firmware issue? I've seen Motorola ATA's that were unlocked from Vonage, attempt a certain number of registrations, then stop, and had to be powered down then up. Have you tried changing the ext number & password, from 100 to one of the other extensions to see if that particular device has the same issue programmed as a different extension?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.