Does 3CX V15 works with Twilio?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ManyJoe, Apr 11, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManyJoe

Hi guys.
    Totally new to 3CX, my apologies for any crazy question.

Im trying to set up 3CX trial with a Twilio Trunk (the Trunk is also a trial, but supposed to be functional)

Does 3CX V15 works with Twilio? I cant find it on the list of approved trunks, but I see some online post from people that say they can work together.
    Any idea will be welcomed.

2. Yury Rabinovich

Yes, it definitely works, I've tested it on V15. Twilio has a guide for the setup. Feel free to PM if you need help.

3. ManyJoe

Yes,, I was able to test it too,, extremely inexpensive and great quality.
    Do you know if 3CX supports SMS some how? Twilio has SMS, but I dont see a way to make it work with 3CX.
    Thanks!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No i am afraid that 3CX does not support SMS yet. You can upvote it in the Ideas section though

5. ManyJoe

I didnt think I would have to vote for a obvious functionality.
    You just need to take a walk in the park and look around to see how important is SMS.

I would vote for a feature that would let to teleport my kids to school using 3CX, thought. :)
    You know, something 'special'

6. zyrk

Hi Guys!

I'm on the same boat as ManyJoe. First time using 3CX and so far I'm loving it. I'm trying to set it up with Twilio but for some reason the trunk is not registering. The documentation I found so are is for an older version of 3CX. Can you point me in the correct direction? I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ensure it is IP based (No Auth) set in 3CX but you still must add the Auth ID as it is req. while making outbound calls.

Also set in the Inbound Parameters the source ID (in the bottom) to be
    From Host Part
    GWHostPort

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. loyer

Hi ManyJoe,

3CX doesn't support SMS/text but if you are using Twilio for your SIP Trunk, you can get it to work with some coding. In Twilio, you can change the "Messaging URL" for your numbers (main and DID) and point it to a URL that can handle where to send the inbound text. The URL that you point Twilio to needs to have a script (PHP, ASP, etc) that receives the text and then based upon the phone number it was sent to, it can either forward it to a cell phone or send it as an email message.

Depending on what you want to do with the message, you could build custom scripts to handle the text.

1) if you just want to forward and collect all the texts, your script will be easy...
    2) if you want the recipient to be able to reply, then you would need to build logic to handle the response text too.
    3) if you wanted a complex conversation management system, you can check out: https://www.twilio.com/proxy

I am working on putting together a system to use to try and handle this for http://3cxtwiliohosting.com/
    If you are interested, I can share some of my scripts when I finish them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AH2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.