Does 3CX work with SIP service from Primus Canada?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by optima, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optima

Can anyone confirm if 3CX works with the SIP service of Primus Canada (primus.ca)?

We've been trying to get this working for a couple of days now, without much success.

Incoming calls ring the designated extension, but the picked-up state (200 OK) does not seem to get processed on Primus' side (I can see with wireshark that it gets sent out by 3CX). On the calling side it continues to ring...

Outgoing calls get a "call cannot be completed at this time" recorded message. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not a message from 3CX, is it?

If needed, I can post server logs and/or packet captures when I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.

Configuration:
    3CX 10 running on Windows 7 in a Hyper-V VM
    Static IP on GW with ports mapped to VM
    Polycom 650 IP Phones

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
    Ulrich

2. albertc

Have you run the firewall checker on 3cx? Make sure all test passed without any translation.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Look over the 3CX log to see if there is any usable information, especially on the outgoing calls. Ask Primus if they allow devices, such as PBX's to connect, they may not. When 3CX connects /registers, it identifies itself (the User Agent, which can be changed/spoofed). 3CX might be a device that they do not "like".

If they allow you to connect , then they should also be able (hopefully willing) to assist you in determining what the issues are.

4. optima

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but it turned out to be something far more simple: I had to add G711 to the 'Assigned Codecs' for things to finally start working.

Inbound and outbound calls work fine now.

Regards,
    Ulrich

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

congrats!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wiability

could you please give me the info. that I need to setup the SIP connection to Primus Canada? For example, SIP server name or IP as well as outgoing Proxy?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.