Does any FXO VOIP Gateway detect distinctive ring patterns?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LanceCarlson, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceCarlson

I am using a FXO VOIP Gateway to connect our 3CX system to outside analog lines from a phone service provider. We have one physical line which actually recieves incoming calls from two different phone numbers - one is intended to be a fax number and incoming calls to it produce a distinctive ring pattern on this one line.

My question: Are there any FXO VOIP Gateway products which can detect the different distinctive ring patterns on incoming calls and route the calls to different internal phone extensions (through 3CX system) based on the different ring patterns? My intention of course would be to route the calls coming in on the fax number to the fax machine and all other calls (with different ring pattern) to the 3CX Digital Receptionist.

I'm using an AudioCodes MP-114 VOIP Gateway now, but it doesn't seem to have this capability. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. nitup

Interesting question. I've subscribed for comments :)

3. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Maybe put a Distintive Ring "splitter" before the VOIP gateway?

http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/product_name=ComSwitch+5500/user-id=/password=/exchange=/exact_match=exact

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.