Does anyone know if Grandstream HandyTone 503 can be used?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cmonroy, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmonroy

Does anyone know if Grandstream HandyTone 503 can be used with 3CX? It is supposed to be a voip gateway with one FXS and one FXO. I've seen 3CX does indeed work with the bigger gateways, but I'm exploring the technology, so a 4 ports FXO gateway would be an overkill. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Does anyone know if Grandstream HandyTone 503 can be use

It is a newer version of a model that I have used with success in the past (until it died on me).

I thought that there was a configuration guide on the 3CX site at one time, but perhaps not. this older post might get you started. http://www.3cx.com/forums/handytone-503-configuration-20720.html

It you run into to problems, post back, and we'll help you get it working.

3. willow

willow Member

I have setup quite a few ht-503. One today as a matter of fact. They work pretty well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cmonroy

Thank you very much. Exploring the technology without your aid can be expensive and frustrating, as when I installed an Openvox A400P only to find out there aren't any Windows drivers for it... Should have asked this forum first.
    :p

5. RubenWaterman

Hi everyone,

I tried to configure these guys and they're working pretty well (accepting incoming calls), but do you know if there's a way to get CallerID working on them?

Many thanks in advance!

Ruben Waterman

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First off, you should create you own post, rather than adding on to (hijacking?) someone else's simply because it dealt with the same piece of hardware.

Are you located in North America? Caller ID varies from place to place, so , for the moment, I'm going to assume you are.

Be sure that caller ID type is set for your region.

Confirm that these setting are so...

User ID is phone number: No
    Check user ID for incoming INVITE: No
    Caller ID transport type: Relay via SIP From (there is conflicting information about this setting depending on firmware version of your 503, you might have to experiment)

Confirm that the PSTN call "transfers" to the PBX after enough of a delay that the caller ID information is captured. In North America, it will usually arrive between the first and second ring, so you need a delay of 2 to 3 seconds before the call is passed on to 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.